Sunday, December 03, 2006

Some lame excuses for not updating blog...

The reason why I keep posting the proceedings summary of the SUHAKAM's inquiry here is to share with you what happened in the rare occasion. I think this is a very good opportunity to hold the police accountable. Unfortunately, not many people think like me. Throughout the proceedings, very few people from the public or even the civil society turn up. Anyway, it managed to dig some "good stories"

Secondly, I wish to apologise to friends whom I met in Cambodia 2 weeks ago. I interviewed few of them and promised to post their stories here. Unfortunately, I was arrested by the bloody stooges of the developer in Kampung Berembang on the next day after I came back from Cambodia. Oh ya, they are squatters. Or politically correct term should be urban pioneers (peneroka bandar in Malay) For those who have not heard about the kampong, you can go to jerit website. Here are some photos: http://www.jerit.org/pictures/peneroka/berembang/berembang.htm


Hope to update this blog more often after 8th of December. SUARAM is organising a fund-raising dinner on that day leh..... "Tribute to Human Rights Defenders night" All of you are cordially invited! But have to pay la....Only RM 100 per ticket.


What? Expensive?!!? Okla..... to be honest to you, we did prepare some RM50 tickets, but selling fast ooooo. So, call me at 012-5173067 immediately when you read this, I will try my very best to get you a RM50 ticket ;p